The list that follows will give you a rough indication of the relevant documents and information you will need to include in your application to Council of Ministers.
1. Survey Plan offering a pictorial description of the property, including its dimensions.
2. Copy of the title of ownership
3. You will also need to include a copy of the building permit for the erection of the house/block of flats. The same applies in the case of residential development of estates. A copy of the building permit need not be submitted in the case of the flats of a complex with separate permits issued or if the title of ownership includes a mention of the house. Finally, applicants are required to submit a copy of the division permit in the case of plots under divisions.
4. Copy of the deed of sale.
5. Sectional view of the property that is to be acquired. In the case of very old houses that are mentioned in the title of ownership, a sectional view is not necessary. In the case of division of plots, a division plan must be included. If the application concerns areas of residential development, then the plan submitted must clearly show the position of the house on the entire holding.
6. Details about the area of the property (in square metres).
7. All the relevant documentation that proves the financial situation of the applicant(s).
8. Make a copy of the applicant’s passports as well as those of their spouses, and more specifically those pages that contain the data and photo of the holders and include them in the application, along with those with the stamps of arrival to and departure from Cyprus.
9. Certificate of marriage of the applicants or verification by their Embassy when the spouses do not share the same surname or the husband’s name is not written in the wife’s passport.
10. Copy of the applicant’s residence permit and work permit in Cyprus.
11. Also include a COMM 145 application, which must be completed clearly and in full.
12. In the case when the application is made on behalf of a company or a shareholder in an offshore company, then the certificates of registration, of shareholders and of the registered offices of the Company must also be submitted.
13. Finally, if the buyer is a company, a copy of the company’s Articles of Association must also be included in the application. Information on the company’s activities in Cyprus and the staff it employs must also be submitted. Note that all employs (Cypriot and foreigners) should be included, along with their respective the social insurance numbers.
Copyright © Cyprusnet